Learning from events

 Using the idea that we choose to learn specific things before we are born, so are given a life to be exposed to those situations, then every event in our lives is presented so we can learn what we wanted to. Of course we can't be able to remember our reasons for being here as it would ruin our learning experiences, but once we start looking for reasons we will find them as we are on our path. Even if you don't accept this theory the system works exactly the same way, 

The next part says that the system offers you an easy option first, so if you deal with it then it will be solved and won't come back. If you miss it then the same situation will keep returning in bigger and bigger ways until you are forced to. This is the same as resitting an exam, except it has to be tougher and tougher each time as you don't realise it's an exam. Each solved problem adds new tools to your kit so you build more and more until you've completed your chosen mission. Some people believe they have to overcome every single possible situation to complete their karma and reach enlightenment, but if we also believe we are part of God, then that is not necessary as ultimately we already have answers to everything.

If you see bad people who come into your lives as teachers, and as an exercise look back at ones in the past and work out what you learnt from their arrival. This could be learning to stand up for yourself against bullies or protect yourself from crooks. Whatever the nature of the badness then I can be sure you won't fall in the same trap again as once you've learnt how to handle it the first time the traps will be visible in future. Often a goal will come after numerous setbacks, mainly to conquer the setbacks, and partly to show great success often comes as a result of persistence.

The next time someone has a go at you, think what can you learn about dealing with difficult people from handling them. Most are tamed by the right words, right to the simple formula it takes two to argue. If you keep your cool or agree with them they can't keep it going very long. Even if you know they're wrong. One lesson for me is it's really not necessary to prove someone's wrong or win an argument as that's just ego, what counts is not losing anything valuable, if not it isn't worth wasting your time embarrassing someone as it may make you feel good but you already knew you were right and it's not useful to do it that way, but far better if either they work it out for themselves or ask you for the answer first.

There can be delayed consequences from events as well, the next level of guidance I call you can't see beyond the horizon, or life works in complex ways. In the first year of my law degree I was confused over common and statutory assault. If you're not a lawyer I expect you are too. My motorbike stalled at traffic lights and the car behind drove into me. He got out and hit me on the head, protected by a helmet so a fairly pointless effort. A witness offered to report him, and as the police station was round the corner we went straight there and gave our statements. The policeman explained he would probably get a conditional discharge for common assault, and explained the exact difference between common and statutory assault. I decided to let it pass, but I'd finally got the answer I needed, and yes, it did come up in the exam. I was also done out of money by a local shop who bounced a cheque for a faulty machine I returned. Determined not to lose my money, although he lost the court judgement mainly as he didn't contest the case, I used every possible means of recovery, including an oral interview and bailiffs. Of course the legal system exam included a question on how to recover money from a court judgement. It is far better to experience these things than to hear them in a lecture. They may have added enough marks to get me through my first year.

I hope you now have the full picture of how learning, either by looking for the lessons or getting them first, operates in negative and difficult situations. I only learnt to appreciate where I lived by being forced to leave for six months. Now I will love the area for the rest of my life. I still have extreme situations I have yet to see the lessons from, or whether they will lead me somewhere better, but another aspect is the more advanced you get the tougher the lessons, like any other course.

Not seeing beyond the horizon applies to two situations, firstly the being given lessons you need to discover the reasons for later on such as my legal problems, and secondly wanting to know the future. People used to ask me to see their future in tarot readings, and would then regularly come back and check and review them. It could distract them away from the present and rely on predictions happening without them doing anything. In the end having seen the problems it caused I stopped trying to read the future and tell people why. Also it is the future as firstly we aren't meant to know it, and secondly it seems flexible as it depends on our decisions. So accept you must work with what you have and focus your work and attention in the present.

Comments

  1. Greetings David.. Good to know that I'm working in the same way 💐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe we are both on the same path.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts